Based on the true story of would-be Brooklyn bank robbers John Wojtowicz and Salvatore Naturale. Sonny and Sal attempt a bank heist which quickly turns sour and escalates into a hostage situation and stand-off with the police. As Sonny's motives for the robbery are slowly revealed and things become more complicated, the heist turns into […]
- Every Which Way But Loose
Philo Beddoe is your regular, easygoing, truck-driving guy. He's also the best bar-room brawler west of the Rockies. And he lives with a 165-pound orangutan named Clyde. Like other guys, Philo finally falls in love - with a flighty singer who leads him on a screwball chase across the American Southwest. Nothing's in the way […]
- GenresAction, Adventure, Comedy, Drama
- DirectorJames Fargo
- CastBeverly D'Angelo, Bill McKinney, Clint Eastwood, Dan Vadis, Geoffrey Lewis, Jeremy Joe Kronsberg
- The Wizard of Oz
Young Dorothy finds herself in a magical world where she makes friends with a lion, a scarecrow and a tin man as they make their way along the yellow brick road to talk with the Wizard and ask for the things they miss most in their lives. The Wicked Witch of the West is the […]
- GenresAdventure, Family, Fantasy
- DirectorVictor Fleming
- CastBert Lahr, Billie Burke, Charley Grapewin, Clara Blandick, Frank Morgan, Jack Haley
- The Exorcist
12-year-old Regan MacNeil begins to adapt an explicit new personality as strange events befall the local area of Georgetown. Her mother becomes torn between science and superstition in a desperate bid to save her daughter, and ultimately turns to her last hope: Father Damien Karras, a troubled priest who is struggling with his own faith.
- GenresDrama, Horror
- DirectorWilliam Friedkin
- CastAnn Miles, Arthur Storch, Barton Heyman, Barton Lane, Beatrice Hunter, Bernard Eismann
An insatiable great white shark terrorizes the townspeople of Amity Island, The police chief, an oceanographer and a grizzled shark hunter seek to destroy the bloodthirsty beast.
- GenresAdventure, Horror, Thriller
- DirectorBarbara Bass, Charlsie Bryant, L. Andrew Stone, Steven Spielberg
- CastAyn Ruymen, Belle McDonald, Beverly Powers, Carl Gottlieb, Chris Rebello, Christopher Sands
- The Terminator
In the post-apocalyptic future, reigning tyrannical supercomputers teleport a cyborg assassin known as the "Terminator" back to 1984 to kill Sarah Connor, whose unborn son is destined to lead insurgents against 21st century mechanical hegemony. Meanwhile, the human-resistance movement dispatches a lone warrior to safeguard Sarah. Can he stop the virtually indestructible killing machine?
- GenresAction, Science Fiction, Thriller
- DirectorBetsy Magruder, Brenda Weisman, James Cameron
- CastArnold Schwarzenegger, Bess Motta, Bill Paxton, Brad Rearden, Brian Thompson, Bruce M. Kerner
- Beauty and the Beast
Follow the adventures of Belle, a bright young woman who finds herself in the castle of a prince who's been turned into a mysterious beast. With the help of the castle's enchanted staff, Belle soon learns the most important lesson of all -- that true beauty comes from within.
- GenresAnimation, Family, Fantasy, Romance
- DirectorBill Perkins, Dan St. Pierre, Fred Craig, Gary Trousdale
- CastAlbert de Ruiter, Alec Murphy, Alex Murphy, Alvin Epstein, Angela Lansbury, Bill Farmer
- Groundhog Day
A narcissistic T.V. weatherman, along with his attractive-but-distant producer and mawkish cameraman, is sent to report on Groundhog Day in the small town of Punxsutawney, where he finds himself repeating the same day over and over.
- GenresComedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance
- DirectorAlan Hopkins, Harold Ramis, Judi Townsend, Michael Haley
- CastAndie MacDowell, Angela Paton, Barbara Ann Grimes, Bill Murray, Brenda Pickleman, Brian Doyle-Murray
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Jack Sparrow, a freewheeling 18th-century pirate, quarrels with a rival pirate bent on pillaging Port Royal. When the governor's daughter is kidnapped, Sparrow decides to help the girl's love save her.
- GenresAction, Adventure, Fantasy
- DirectorBruce Hendricks, Gary Romolo Fiorelli, Gore Verbinski, Lisa Mantoux
- CastAngus Barnett, Antonio Valentino, Ben Roberts, Ben Wilson, Bob Elmore, Brye Cooper
- The Passion of Joan of Arc
A classic of the silent age, this film tells the story of the doomed but ultimately canonized 15th-century teenage warrior. On trial for claiming she'd spoken to God, Jeanne d'Arc is subjected to inhumane treatment and scare tactics at the hands of church court officials. Initially bullied into changing her story, Jeanne eventually opts for […]
- GenresDrama, History
- DirectorCarl Theodor Dreyer, Paul La Cour, Ralph Christian Holm
- CastAlexandre Mihalesco, André Berley, Antonin Artaud, Armand Lurville, Dimitri Dimitriev, Eugène Silvain
- It Happened One Night
Having just tied the knot with society aviator, King Westley, Ellie Andrews is whisked away to her father's yacht and out of King's clutches. Ellie jumps ship and eventually winds up on a bus headed back to her husband. Reluctantly she must accept the help of out-of- work reporter, Peter Warne. Actually, Warne doesn't give […]
- GenresComedy, Romance
- DirectorFrank Capra
- CastAlan Hale, Arthur Hoyt, Bess Flowers, Blanche Friderici, Charles C. Wilson, Claire McDowell
- The Grapes of Wrath
Tom Joad returns to his home after a jail sentence to find his family kicked out of their farm due to foreclosure. He catches up with them on his Uncle’s farm, and joins them the next day as they head for California and a new life... Hopefully.
- DirectorEdward O'Fearna, John Ford, Wingate Smith
- CastAdrian Morris, Al Stewart, Arthur Aylesworth, Barney Gilmore, Ben Hall, Bill Wolfe
Story of a young woman who marries a fascinating widower only to find out that she must live in the shadow of his former wife, Rebecca, who died mysteriously several years earlier. The young wife must come to grips with the terrible secret of her handsome, cold husband, Max De Winter. She must also deal […]
- GenresDrama, Mystery
- DirectorAlfred Hitchcock, Edmond F. Bernoudy, Eric Stacey
- CastAlfred Hitchcock, Alphonse Martell, Billy Bevan, C. Aubrey Smith, Edward Fielding, Egon Brecher
- The Maltese Falcon
A private detective takes on a case that involves him with three eccentric criminals, a gorgeous liar, and their quest for a priceless statuette.
- GenresCrime, Mystery, Thriller
- DirectorJack Sullivan, John Huston, John Prettyman
- CastBarton MacLane, Charles Drake, Chester Gan, Creighton Hale, Elisha Cook Jr., Emory Parnell
- The Wages of Fear
In the South American jungle, supplies of nitroglycerine are needed at a remote oil field. The oil company pays four men to deliver the supplies in two trucks. A tense rivalry develops between the two sets of drivers on the rough remote roads where the slightest jolt can result in death.
- GenresAdventure, Drama, Thriller
- DirectorHenri-Georges Clouzot, Michel Romanoff, Roberto Savarese
- CastAntonio Centa, Charles Vanel, Darío Moreno, Darling Légitimus, Folco Lulli, François Valorbe
The cruel and abusive headmaster of a boarding school, Michel Delassalle, is murdered by an unlikely duo -- his meek wife and the mistress he brazenly flaunts. The women become increasingly unhinged by a series of odd occurrences after Delassalle's corpse mysteriously disappears.
- GenresDrama, Horror, Thriller
- DirectorHenri-Georges Clouzot, Jeanne Witta, Michel Romanoff
- CastCamille Guérini, Charles Vanel, Christian Brocard, Georges Chamarat, Georges Poujouly, Henri Coutet
Judah Ben-Hur, a Palestinian Jew, is battling the Roman empire at the time of Christ. His actions send him and his family into slavery, but an inspirational encounter with Jesus changes everything. He finally meets his rival in a justly famous chariot race and rescues his suffering family.
- GenresAdventure, History
- DirectorAlberto Cardone, William Wyler
- CastAdy Berber, Aldo Pini, Aldo Silvani, André Morell, Antonio Corevi, Cathy O'Donnell
- The 400 Blows
For young Parisian boy Antoine Doinel, life is one difficult situation after another. Surrounded by inconsiderate adults, including his neglectful parents, Antoine spends his days with his best friend, Rene, trying to plan for a better life. When one of their schemes goes awry, Antoine ends up in trouble with the law, leading to even […]
- DirectorFrançois Truffaut
- CastAlbert Rémy, Bernard Abbou, Claire Maurier, Daniel Couturier, François Nocher, François Truffaut
A young nurse, Alma, is put in charge of Elisabeth Vogler: an actress who is seemingly healthy in all respects, but will not talk. As they spend time together, Alma speaks to Elisabeth constantly, never receiving any answer. Alma eventually confesses her secrets to a seemingly sympathetic Elisabeth and finds that her own personality is […]
- DirectorIngmar Bergman, Kerstin Berg
- CastBibi Andersson, Gunnar Björnstrand, Jörgen Lindström, Liv Ullmann, Margaretha Krook
- Cool Hand Luke
When petty criminal Luke Jackson is sentenced to two years in a Florida prison farm, he doesn't play by the rules of either the sadistic warden or the yard's resident heavy, Dragline, who ends up admiring the new guy's unbreakable will. Luke's bravado, even in the face of repeated stints in the prison's dreaded solitary […]
- GenresCrime, Drama
- DirectorHank Moonjean, Stuart Rosenberg
- CastAnthony Zerbe, Buck Kartalian, Charles Tyner, Chuck Hicks, Clifton James, Dennis Hopper
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
In late 1890s Wyoming, Butch Cassidy is the affable, clever and talkative leader of the outlaw Hole in the Wall Gang. His closest companion is the laconic dead-shot 'Sundance Kid'. As the west rapidly becomes civilized, the law finally catches up to Butch, Sundance and their gang. Chased doggedly by a special posse, the two […]
- DirectorGeorge Roy Hill
- CastCharles Akins, Charles Dierkop, Cloris Leachman, Don Keefer, Donnelly Rhodes, Eric Sinclair
- Barry Lyndon
In the eighteenth century, in a small village in Ireland, Redmond Barry is a young farm boy in love with his cousin Nora Brady. When Nora engages to the British Captain John Quin, Barry challenges him for a duel of pistols. He wins and escapes to Dublin, but is robbed on the road. Without any […]
- GenresDrama, Romance, War
- DirectorStanley Kubrick
- CastAndré Morell, Anthony Dawes, Anthony Herrick, Anthony Sharp, Arthur O'Sullivan, Barry Jackson
When world heavyweight boxing champion, Apollo Creed wants to give an unknown fighter a shot at the title as a publicity stunt, his handlers choose palooka Rocky Balboa, an uneducated collector for a Philadelphia loan shark. Rocky teams up with trainer Mickey Goldmill to make the most of this once in a lifetime break.
- DirectorBonnie Prendergast, Fred T. Gallo, John G. Avildsen, Steve Perry
- CastAl Silvani, Arnold Johnson, Arthur Tovey, Bill Baldwin, Billy Sands, Burgess Meredith
- The Deer Hunter
A group of working-class friends decides to enlist in the Army during the Vietnam War and finds it to be hellish chaos -- not the noble venture they imagined. Before they left, Steven married his pregnant girlfriend -- and Michael and Nick were in love with the same woman. But all three are different men […]
- GenresDrama, War
- DirectorJune Samson, Michael Cimino
- CastAmy Wright, Chai Peyawan, Charan Nusvanon, Charlene Darrow, Chok Chai Mahasoke, Christopher Colombi Jr.